Thursday, October 17, 2013

Why Younique? An answer to a very commonly asked question.

Today is the anniversary of the day I decided to become a Younique presenter!

There were definitely some things that intrigued me about the company before I joined: 3D Fiber Lashes (cause who doesn't want awesome lashes?!), having something that could just be for me (take a break from mom time and get to know some new ladies), integration of social media and the business plan.

Most people are afraid of direct sales- usually because they have joined something and it didn't go the way they wanted, so they quit.  I've done this before as well- introduced to two companies by the same friend.  She is doing really great at the second one, and it's something she loves and really believes in. It took me a year to get any kind of bonus and we had to cut some things out of our budget during the construction of our home so I took my products and cashed in my rewards and moved on.

Younique came right as I was looking for something new and different and had an appeal.  The company I had just left changed my beliefs in the products I was using on myself and family and cosmetics was one area they didn't cover, so I was already looking for an alternative.

So why do companies choose Direct Sales over other models?
*Minimal start up cost for representatives compared to franchise or starting your own business
*Word of Mouth is a great form of advertising
*Financial rewards go to everyday people and families instead of large advertising and retail companies
*No limit to how far people can go- build your own success, can even surpass those who joined before you.

Today it's called Network Marketing- building a network of relationships and teams.  You'll only be rewarded for as hard as you work, very few make it on luck- those people usually give up too early because they are expecting it to be easy and get lucky.  The social media aspect of Younique has really helped with this- when I host parties, I can reach people in any state/country!  I also have been working with ladies I've never met in person, most were referrals from the company based on my location.  It doesn't matter anymore where I'm located, my team and customers can be anywhere (in the US and Canada so far, UK and Australia next year)!

Since Younique has also only been around a year, I'm able to see the growth from Day 1- some people have instant success it seems, but they are the ones already with a network.  Others build slowly- my sponsor joined only a few weeks ahead of me and she's already got a team of over 800 and was the first to reach Exclusive presenter status and has had some of the most success in the company. 

I've learned a lot though as a Younique presenter, it has encouraged me to want to improve as a person, friend and team-mate.  I'm also excited to see where this next year will take us- I might even hit my next promotion this month! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design By: Hannah C Design